Thursday, February 5, 2009

Experience of a Lifetime

Everything started when my dearest Mom wanted me to get out of the "God forsaken night shift", just that I was enjoying every bit of the night life. For 3 years life was so fun I started living life every quarter mile. At one point of time all that fun was also boring and I had to try out something new. Thats when I got an offer with one of the big so called software companies and I dont know how those people came to know that I can be a real pain in de A** if I had stayed in Singara Chennai. They devised a diabolical plan to send me to a mystical place where the entire "so called city" is divided into two halves namely IT and NON IT. A place where "lu" [to be mistaken with the other meanin] is associated with everything.. pattu become pattulu, attam becomes attamlu and so on and so forth. Yes!! I was in Hydera-"badulu" the famous capitol of "Aandhralu" and the series of unfortunate events continued I made another mistake of bringing my precious bike here. In Chennai we know people dont have much of traffic sense (auto drivers) but they do have a sense of not coming in front of a speeding vehicle, here people make it a point that nobody reaches home without a hair raising experience auto rickshaws to the expensive Audis' no difference, its alright if traffic sense doesn exists atleast some common sense can save few lives. After riding a couple of kilometers I decided its better off to stay out of the city rather than getting killed by a cyclist. Thus started my life in this new country of Andhra.

The next amusing thing was work, Iv always heard that people in this part like long names and they like to make names even longer, that logic was unfortunately applied to me as well. The brilliant people at work didn like my small name so they included my dad's name, but they weren satisfied they were in a naming spree!! alas, my grandfather's name was also included because of which im being called with my dad's or my grandfather's name. I pray to God that this should never ever happen to anyone... Not even to the great person who wanted the inbound jobs on dialer [people from Allsec would know].

Not a single day has passed without me and my roomies commenting on this wretched place and the funny people. No wonder our cine industry comedians use every chance of makin fun of these people. Its been sometime iv been in this place and I just hope I can get back to the sane crowd before I evolve into one of these whackos here. Im stil watchin out for funnier things that might happen here, May be I can make a movie out of this and who knows it might be a super dooper hit here and our very own Vijay will act in de remade version of it :)

6 comments:

  1. Machi Super :) Even i had the same experience(lu) when i stayed in Vizag. haha and the best part was dnt knw if its the same in hyd.. office and shops open up at 10am , close down by 1ck again open by 4pm and close by 8.30 , lazy lazy lazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't u heard of the saying "While in Hydrabad(lu) do what the hydra-baadus do" :-)
    There is a specialty in each and every city in our country and that is what makes it different. Enjoy dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Machi though what you actually undergo is pain.... the way you have put it in writing is really a laughter......
    I don't know why the hell do you you scold the beings over there for you have taken the choice for......
    any ways ha ha ha enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Machi...could not control grinning while reading this and u've dragged the inbound guy purposely??? Hope every one knows abt this great guy the world has seldom seen so far...

    however here is the link which could be an icing on the cake...hope all people will enjoy reading this....


    http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOI&BaseHref=TOIH/2009/02/24&PageLabel=2&EntityId=Ar00203&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watch it Siri!!
    Thats my city you are talking about. Dont you dare forget the countless no. of karachi biscuits i've got for you...

    Enjoy dude. You are in the "Nawabon ka Shehar" (City of princes). Laziness is the city's prerogative. Explore the good things rather than just harping about the bad things. I am sort of glad you, and of the people, you....had a hair raising experience. Explore the place and you'll know how great it is.

    Hyderabad Rocks Siri!!!! Make the most of it before you start missing it.You just need to know the right places. Went to Eazy Riders????

    ReplyDelete