Tuesday, February 23, 2010

God's Own Country

Finally got some time out of the hectic green charts to blog...  After a year in Hydra-baadu I made it into the land of coconuts.. Yup came to God's own country. Was a hectic journey from Hyd to Singara Chennai and then to Kochi.. Especially after the packing and unpacking and the repacking, Last few days in Hyd got more difficult due to the greatest problem in the planet, "The Telengana effect". [My fiancé even wrote a song for those guys, I need to admit its really nice and funny though]. 


Finally got the train reached Kochi at around 6 odd in the morning, I called up my friend who is instru'mental' for me to hit this joint who told me he didn find a parking space in the station and made me walk close to 1 Km with my luggage. What comprises of my luggage is an amusing thing, A normal Suitcase, a shoulder bag and my riding accessories consisting of my Jacket [the heaviest apparel iv ever seen which resembles an Overall ] and my helmet. I actually looked like a clown wearing my jacket and the Helmet on my head[ I know the helmet goes on the head but not when ur not on ur bike] Carried that all the way to the station's entrance and got into the car to my friend's place. 


After announcing my safe arrival to everyone in Chennai, I got ready to go to work and was quite surprized to see my friend hit the sack again instructing me to wake him up by 9 since the the office timing starts only at 10.
Finally we went to our workplace and I started my life of a software engineer once again.


The week passed and I was so restless in a new place which is one of the most sought tourist spot in the country, I forced my friend to take me around the town and we did go around few places and I was truly astounded to see so many coconut trees... 3 things in Kochi no one can ever miss.. Coconuts, Bridges and Water. 


I wouldn say this was better than Hyd as this place is not a city but a tourist destination, Roads are too small but excellent driving sense and the worst part about this place is they dont know what night life is.. u can see the entire city shutting their doors by 8:30 max... I guess they would watch surya TV from that time on... and one more thing.. there arent many good looking women in this place...  Everyone says Kerala has good looking women.. Kerala might have good looking women but Kochi doesnt have..  


Its a Slow and a quiet town... if u want a Hip and Happening place with night life Kochi is not a place to be... other than that its a scenic joint for a couple of joints...

1 comment:

  1. Good. A very diplomatic review about the place unlike mine. I guess if what my friends think is right I already am famous like what Dan Brown was for Da vinci. If u don't believe me
    http://scribblerspanorama.blogspot.com/2010/02/welcome-to-kerala-gods-own-country.html
    read this.
    One more thing. I'm curious about this song that "UR fiance'" created.

    ReplyDelete