Thursday, September 17, 2009

Built Like A Gun... Going On a Bullet

Well.. This would be a start up for a lot more travelogues that would be coming up...

Iv always been a speed demon and thanks to the capital of Andhra the speed demon inside me is killed and buried. But as the old saying goes, "In every dark cloud one can find a silver lightning"

I tried to find a silver Lightning for a very long time but I found a Black Bullet.

With the final decision made and financial arrangements taken care the Bull was finally ordered. From day one of me placing the order for the magnificiant beast the adrenaline level shot up and was at alarming levels, To exaggerate a little I was more like Vijayakanth who can make people fly just by touching my mustache. To test my worthiness Mother Nature unleashed her wrath upon me, It was raining like hell[dont ask me whether it rains in hell, If it can rain in Hyderabad it can rain in Hell as well]. But little did she know that even a Tsunami couldnt have stopped me at point of time

With some help from the local transport I finally managed to reached the Abode of the Bulls which is quite far from the place I exist. Finally after weeks of waiting the beautiful Monster was waiting for the taking. Something which made other Bikes feel they should have never been made. Standing inbetween the latest Machismo and a Thunderbird yet stood miles apart in class and looks was "THE BULLET" commonly known as the Standard 350.

The wait was finally over and the guy in the showroom gave me the keys of the Bull and explained the riding techniques so that the beast could be kept in control. I had to forget everything I knew about motorcycles before I mounted the Bull as she was nothing like the other small bikes built. The technology used is tried and tested for close to half a century now. An engine which was designed to withstand World War II. Built especially for the armed forces, built to last, built by a company which produces guns and cannons. The differences start from the ignition system to the gear shift levers. I had to get accustomed to the gear shift lever as in "Standard 350" gear shift is on other side. I had to change my Riding style completely, I knew I cant rip the road apart, cant shift gears the way I want to cos Its not me who rides, Its the Bull that carries me with all that power and a mind of its own. When you ride a Bull its not about going fast or clocking Lap timings. If you want such a bike you can go for manufacturers like yamaha or similar ones. Its all about standing out of the crowd, "Ayirathil Oruvan" and not "pathhoda padhinonnu" to put it in simple Madras lingo.

The moment finally arrived, I took my own sweet time to kick the engine to life, It was not a roar, It was a Thump, a thump that matches your heart beat, bidding farewell to the showroom folks the ride began with my heart and the Bull thumping as one...

I was really happy with my Pulsar 150 which bore the name "The bringer of Light" uncommonly known as the Illuminati and happier with the Bull which will bear the name of one of the meanest machines ever


"The Nebuchadnezzer"

1 comment:

  1. Behold, The Nebuchadnezzer has chosen it's rider. Ride well my friend.
    May the force be with u.

    ReplyDelete